The DoTerra website is a wealth of information about the products they offer, about the different types of oils and blends, and DoTerra also offers recipes for items you can make yourself, at home. Here is a recipe for a soothing Lip Balm. Give it a try, let us know how it came out.
Making lip balm can be simple! Try this easy DIY lip balm that is moisturizing and healthy for your lips.
- Line up empty containers. If using a lip balm stick, make sure it ihas been twisted down.
- Measure butters and oils and place in glass jar.
- Fill a large saucepan with one to one and a half inches of water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add glass jar to center of saucepan.
- Stir every few minutes until ingredients are melted and combined.
- Once wax is melted, remove from heat and let sit for three minutes then add essential oils.
- Pour mixture into lip balm containers and let cool.
If you would like to make tinted lip balm, move to the next two steps.
- Add a pinch of colored mineral makeup until you get your desired color. Stir until combined.
- Pour tinted lip balm into containers and let cool.